Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cornbread!

It was MFM again - I know I know it's Thursday already but I've been busy!

This week I made the vegetarian chilli again because it was really good last time, but for a bit of excitement I made my first ever corn bread! We used to eat this a bit in restaurants when we lived in California - mainly with Mexican food - but I had never baked it myself.

H'o'M and I had been shopping recently at a funky little grocer/deli/provedore in Geelong and found some 'proper' polenta, not the instant kind, but real polenta!!! I have been wanting to try baking cornbread myself for a while now and Monday seemed like the perfect time.

All the stars were aligned and clearly I was meant to make cornbread!

The results were good!!





It even tasted good today when I toasted it and had it with the left over chilli for lunch! 

1 comment:

trash said...

Want that recipe too please.